6 people and pickleball companies to connect with in 2021
Our annual list of who to follow or connect with in pickleball is here! As the sport grows, so does the people and companies promoting and sharing their love of the sport.
Check out who we recommended to follow in 2020, 2019 and 2018
6 people and pickleball companies to connect with in 2020
Oh Yeah!! It’s that time of year when the snow starts to melt, or it’s 600 instead of 500 and we get excited to play outside whenever we want! It’s also that time of year when we roll out who we should be checking out in pickleball in 2020.
Click the year if you want to see who we recommended to follow in 2019 and 2018
Congrats to all of those that participated in the 2019 Margaritaville USA Pickleball National Championships at Indian Wells Tennis Garden. There were over 2,200 players vying for the $80,000 tournament prize purse. Check out Pickleball Tournaments for a list of the medal winners.
Do you want more info on the tourney including watching matchups on demand, check out the website here. Next year’s Nationals will be at Indian Wells from October 31-November 8, 2020.
Heading to Indian Wells for the 2019 Margaritaville Nationals?
Here’s the facility info:
- It’s held November 2-10 at Indian Wells Tennis Center in guess where? Indian Wells, CA
- Indian Wells is 30 minutes from Palm Springs International Airport
- There are 49 pickleball courts
- More restrooms (hey ladies!) and concessions
- Players have access to the Championship Court included in their registration
- Players will be notified by August 22 if you’ve received a spot
- When a player’s name is drawn, you will be entered in all events that you registered, if spots are available
- Once the spots are filled, those not picked will be placed on a wait list
- To participate you must have played in at least one of the qualifying USAPA-sanctioned events between July 16, 2018 and July 15, 2019. You are eligible to play in singles, doubles and mixed doubles events.ind
Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads! This is the one day of the year that you get all the attention or maybe the day you don’t want any. “I’ll be in my shed building a top secret…thing!”
Every Dad celebrates it a little differently- dinner with the family, a phone call from your kids, sitting in the backyard with a cocktail or even better, a day of pickleball.
2019 Minto US Open Pickleball Championships
- April 27-May 4 in Naples, Florida, see the daily schedule here or here
- Margaritaville Party in the Park will be on Saturday, April 27 from 9am-3pm
- Last year, there were 2,000 players from 47 states and 20 countries
- This year they are expecting over 2,100 players from 48 states and 16 countries
- Ages range from 10 to 86 that will be competing for $50,000 in prize money
- There were over 10,000 spectators last year
- Advance tickets for the Zing Zang Championship Court are sold out online, but additional tickets will be available at the Snack Shack if space is available
- No charge to watch on the 51 other courts
- Pro Finals are at approximately 6 pm on Saturday, May 4
What an amazing run pickleball is having. Check out the numbers below:
USAPA membership grew 650% in the last 5 years, now totals 31,000 people
- 20,933 known pickleball courts worldwide
- 1 million players in the U.S.
- Almost 43% of core players are 65+
- USAPA growth in 2018- new members 8,649, new ambassadors 432
- 136 sanctioned USAPA tournaments
- 1,100 facilities added in 2018, an average of almost 92/month